Friday, 3 November 2017

What I Ate In Sweden


Today I thought that I would share some pictures and information of what I ate in Sweden and where I went. Before the trip, I didn't really know what to expect and I'd heard that it was really expensive from people who had been before. Granted, it's not the cheapest but I didn't find it that much different from London and what I did eat was really fantastic. Read on to check out my favourite dishes...

Fika
Fika is a Swedish word which basically means to have coffee with pastries or cake. It sounded pretty good to me and so, in a very traditional cafe in the heart of the old town, I had my fika opting for a cinnamon bun to go with my hot drink. It was honestly the best pastry I've ever had and I'm still thinking about it now.

Meatballs
I couldn't have visited Sweden without having meatballs! They're traditionally served with potatoes, pickles and lingonberries and though in England (let's be honest, at IKEA) I usually order chips with them, I thought I'd stay true to the Swedish way. They were delicious and the restaurant was stylish and located in the old town which meant that after eating all of the food, I didn't have far to walk back! 

Lunch Break
Sjocafeet was a fantastic find for lunch on the last day and a much needed sit down before the Abba museum. It's located right on the water and all the walls are glass so you can get uninterrupted views of both the river and the beautiful autumn colours. I ordered a pizza which was really tasty and gave me fuel for the Abba disco!


Have you tried Swedish food before?

Rosanna
x

79 comments:

  1. You are just too cute! All of this looks so delicious xx

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so delicious! love the cinnamon bun

    Capturing Life Memoirs | wwww.aimeebustillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I moved to Denmark I lived in Sweden for couple of years and you are right the prices are not that different than London. Fika is daily thing we never miss

    https://mihabalan.com/2017/11/02/16-candles-scents-boost-mood-change-win-100-gift-card/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious! have a lovely weekend

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great! Looks so delicious too!

    Daniel x

    The Daniel Originals | Instagram: danielpoonvignez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post dear!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this food looks so yummy! I hope you had a great time (:

    CM | XIII.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so delicious.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably have when I visited Sweden. Looks delicious.

    ephemeralfox.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. With these delicious looking dishes, I'm totally going to Sweden :)))
    Glad you enjoyed yourself!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing food from other countries. Yum!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. so delicious foods
    NEW REVIEW ON MY BLOG <<< Nivea history and products >>>
    have an happy day
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a great time, the food looks so yummy
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A passar por cá para desejar bom fim de semana!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot :D

    I really love to know more about traditional foods :D
    Super cool post as usual

    NEW WISHLIST POST | DO WISH LISTS IS TO LEARN TO SAVE! YEEEY
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post!
    http://moonluns.blogspot.it/2017/11/quando-il-beauty-brand-e-made-in-italy.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! Thanks for the introduction to the word 'Fika', that's probably my fave new word now haha. Yum! What could be better than a warm drink with pastries/cake?! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. All these foods look so delicious! I would love that Fika!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmmmmm jakie pyszne jedzonko! Aż nabrałam ochoty jeść 💕 Mój blog💕

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never tried Swedish food before but it looks so delicious!

    Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the word Fika hehe! Nothing’s better than pastries and coffee :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing this helpful post! :) That's really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha the only place we've tried Swedish food before is IKEA (guilty) BUT we really hope to be there someday soon to get an authentic experience! The Fika looks delicious! We're both suckers for pastries and yummy hot drinks. It's out go to!

    Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so beautiful and the food looks yummy!!
    Have a good week! :-)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG the fika looks so delish ! This post makes me wanna travel so much :D
    Have a good evening ;-)
    Olivia
    www.oliviaponcelet.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhhhh, you make me want to travel!!! Great post my dear! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2347054263874.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *