Friday, 12 May 2017

Weekend Baking | Raspberry & Almond Cake


Today I wanted to share a recipe which I created last weekend. I had some raspberries that needed to be eaten and what better way to eat them than with some cake! This raspberry and almond cake tastes really good served with some natural yoghurt or ice cream and is a perfect Sunday treat. Read on to check out how to make it...


You Will Need
120g of Self Raising Flour
120g of Unsalted Butter
120g of Caster Sugar
75g of Raspberries
50g of Flaked Almonds
2 Eggs
A Sprinkle of Icing Sugar

To Make
1) Combine the flour, butter, sugar and eggs together until smooth in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add half of the flaked almonds to the mix and stir.
3) Pour half of the mixture into a round cake tin and sprinkle half of the raspberries on top.
4) Pour the other half of the mixture on and top with the remaining raspberries and almonds.
5) Bake at 180° for around 30 minutes or until cooked through.
6) Remove from the tin and leave to cool.
7) Once cool, sprinkle some icing sugar on top to serve.


Have you done any baking this week?

Rosanna
x


48 comments:

  1. Oh my this sounds fantastic! I made a salted caramel cheesecake with toffee popcorn last weekend. It was delicious xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What should I say? This is simply the perfect combination as I love both everything with almonds and raspberries in general :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cakes like this! Looks and sounds so good!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually did do some baking yesterday for the weekend - I made a Deliciously Ella carrot cake but I haven't tried it yet so not sure how it's gone yet haha!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughh this looks absolutely divine!
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delicious does this look!

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cake. Looks so delicious.
    Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good!! Thanks for the recipe

    xx, Melissa
    https://elephantontheroad.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cake looks delicious! I defiantly want to make this with a nice hot cup of tea :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/05/marissa-webbs-modern-nyc-woman.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really great way to use up left over berries! Looks so moist and delicious.
    Simera |Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG looks so yummy!!

    http://cheremimi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a really great post!

    Bloglovin
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. If there's one thing I'm not great at, it's baking, I'm much more comfortable making savory dishes but this looks lovely.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing post, dear! Looks wonderful :)
    Hugs ♥
    LIANA LAURIE

    ReplyDelete
  16. This cake looks super delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Raspberry and almonds? Oh my gosh, that sounds completely delicious! And what a lovely Spring-themed kind of bake :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hosh this Looks so tatsy
    thank you for the recipe, I Need to try this out :D

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hummm so delicious
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks really good, I like it because of the raspberry and almond flakes combination. I baked carrot cake last Thursday and took it to work for our team meeting. People would love home baked cakes just like looking at your photos make me want to have some now. I would definitely try this recipe, thank you!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *