Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Worth The Price | Luxury Makeup

Today I'm talking about luxury makeup and the products I believe are worth the price. I wrote a similar post to this about luxury skincare a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed it and got some great responses so I thought that I would do the same but with luxury makeup. My collection isn't extensive, I research all the products I buy and try them out properly and then use them to death! So read on to find out which luxury products I would recommend and why...

Primer
If I'm having a really long day then I always make sure that I wear this primer by Laura Mercier under my foundation. It doesn't have the greatest of smells but it really does the job and makes my skin feel smooth and moisturised.

Foundation
I'm not going to go on about this foundation because I've mentioned it about 454875 times before but it's safe to say that it's my favourite makeup item of all time and I'm so glad I discovered it. It makes my skin look natural but better and I love it!

Concealer
This is a relatively new addition to my makeup bag and I've really enjoyed testing it out. It's the first loose powder concealer I've used and I didn't think that it would give me great coverage but it really does and feels really light on my skin.

Eyeshadow
This eyeshadow colour by Elizabeth Arden is so beautiful and because it's a cream based eyeshadow, it applies really nice and smooth. It's easily blendable, pigmented and is a shade that works really well at all times of the year.
Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow in Anchors Away - £19

Eyeliner
I've had quite a few of these liners throughout the years and although I favour a liquid eyeliner for my top lash line, I like to use a pencil eyeliner for my lower. This one doesn't smudge under my eyes and gives a really dark line.

Mascara
I've written about this mascara before but I had to include it in this post as it's probably the best mascara I've ever tried. The best thing about it is that it keeps lashes curly all day and doesn't drop at all which is my biggest mascara bugbear! 

Lipliner
Again this is a relatively new addition to my makeup bag (you can check out my full review here) and I've already used up loads of it. It's one of my favourite lip colours ever and I can't believe how long it lasts, even if you are eating. I think it's a really beautiful shade and would work well on most people. 

Lipstick
This lipstick was reportedly worn by Kate Middleton on her wedding day and you can totally see why. It's a really natural pink and looks really fresh and pretty. It's the only lipstick I've tried by Bobbi Brown and I really like the formulation and will definitely be checking more out from the collection. 


Thanks for reading :)*

What's your favourite makeup item?

Rosanna
x


86 comments:

  1. Yes I love Double Wear! I do the same as you before I invest in high end makeup - research, test etc before I buy! The only product I really tend to invest in is a good foundation - apart from that I use mainly high street.
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always debating which high end makeup brands to buy, so this post is super helpful. I've heard great things about Laura Mercier! I just might have to pick up that foundation too xx

    www.qustomquinns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very interesting ) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very useful! Im definitely checking those out ;)

    fashionabejita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and luxury brands! I would love to try Laura Mercier make-up but keep in mind your opinion about that foundation.xx
    Coco and Jeans by Marisa x My Instagram x My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!
    I hope you in my blog <3

    http://elrincondepaulagc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uwielbiam Twojego bloga!
    Obserwuję i liczę na rewanż :)

    Za komentarz do posta odwdzięczam się trzema komentarzami :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2017/03/coffee.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try Double Wear - feel like I'm the only one who hasn't tried it!!

    Hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I very like it :)

    new post
    https://www.instagram.com/ilijac/
    http://mensfashionobsession.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always love estee lauder foundation! it's very light and the coverage is the best!
    have a great day
    xx
    https://savorywarriors.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to remember and try out the Marc Jacobs mascara, thanks! :D


    http://couturecase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never tried any of these because I always go for the cheaper products, but I'm really curious about the Bobbi Brown lipsticks :)
    Kiss, Mariana Dezolt
    Messy Hair, Don’t Care

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your selection, I'll keep in mind mascara from Marc Jacobs, because it seems like really good one :)

    Have a lovely afternoon dear,
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cool presentation! I'd love to try these products.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very interesting, you are convinced that luxury makeup is worth the price! I have to admit I'm not very well informed about makeup in general and therefore your post was really helpful for me!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not even one luxury make up
    such a lovely Review
    definetly Need one :D

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all very grat products! Not always luxury worth the price, but in some case definitely do!
    xxx
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post, girlie! I'm only familiar with a couple of these products, specifically the MJ mascara, which I also love, and the Estee Lauder foundation, which I've never used before, but have heard so much about! That LM primer sounds wonderful, I'll have to keep it in mind the next time I'm shopping around for primers. Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you have a great day!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontuor.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice post dear :)
    kisses :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Double wear is the best foundation! <3 Love your lipstick here too!

    Much love,
    Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really want to get the Velvet Noir mascara, gorgeous post! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never tried these products, but now I want to especially the Chanel eyeliner...sounds wonderful!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the mascara
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! i want all :) very excellent products
    new makeup review on my blog <<< Collistar Giardini italiani spring collection 2017 >>>
    have an happy day
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks a lot :D

    OMG you're a lucky girl!!! I really want to try your primer and your foundation!!! DREAM!

    NEW YOUTUBE POST | OMG! I’M BACK TO MY YOUTUBE CHANEL? :o
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful and perfect! I follow you blog, please follow me too. http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love E.L. double wear foundation!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  29. Im all about the Laura Mercier primers! Have you tried the radiance one? Its my fave!
    Kate x

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love Laura Mercier's foundation primer! Have a lovely Easter weekend!

    Miriam
    www.londonkitchendiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cool, I love your pics!! Have a nice day doll! ❤

    Mary María Style

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've not tried any of these, but I do love Benefit, Barbara Panagos and Illamasqua. All are quite pricey, but they're worth it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  33. amazing products!
    kiss
    admaiorasemper.website

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have heard so many great things about the Double Wear Foundation! I am still saving up for it. Can't wait to finally try it!

    Angelie // Chocolate Hills - Bohol, Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  35. I enjoy splurging on makeup here and there- that Laura Mercier primer is amazing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love luxury makeup and definitely think it's worth the price especially mascara and foundation.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are all so lovely, I want to try that Bare Minerals concealer
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yes, some products are so worth the price. I use some of these, but I will have to try some of this list too.

    March and May

    ReplyDelete
  39. Have a lovely evening, Rosanna :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I don't buy much expensive makeup, but I do use and love that double wear foundation!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *